Changes to Uniform during COVID-19
On the day(s) students have PE or Dance, they should wear their PE/Dance kit to school and remain in it all day. On these days students are able to wear a Consett Academy PE Hoodie.
Please visit https://kits4all.co.uk/shop/consett-academy-pe-hoody/ for full details on how to order.
Uniform For all Year groups
- Grey Business Jacket with embroidered Academy logo (separate male & female fit)
- Tie: Years 7 to 10 – Blue and grey striped clip on tie Year 11 – Grey and blue striped tie
- Non branded white Shirt
- Black loose fitting, formal trousers or Skirt (knee length which can be straight or pleated)
- Formal black Shoes (not trainer-style shoes, boots, 'Converse', 'Vans' or plimsolls. Wellington boots may be worn in snow but the aforementioned must be brought and worn once students are in school).
- Plain black belt, no more than 3 cm wide, if required
- Optional item: Academy black jumper with blue strip – no alternative is acceptable
Navy and sky blue Academy sports tops (indoor and outdoor)
- Navy shorts
- Navy tracksuit bottoms
- Navy blue sports socks
- Football boots or training shoes
How to order Uniform
Our uniform supplier is Sportswear International (SWI).
Parents/students can place their orders directly:
- Online: www.swischoolwear.co.uk/
- Phone: 01928 752 610
- Post: Sportswear International Ltd, Fairoak Lane, Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Runcorn,WA7 3DU
Please see SWI FAQ's
Please see SWI Sizing Guide
We are always conscious of health and safety risks both to the owner and others in the wearing of jewellery. Therefore the only jewellery allowed is a wrist watch.
Piercings, facial or bodily, are not allowed due to Health and Safety considerations.
In the Academy's programme of Personal and Social Education we ask pupils to consider their appearance and the impression it makes on others. This is particularly important when on interview or representing the Academy for instance.
Make-up, if worn at all, should be discreetly used and not be excessive. Students are not allowed to wear false/acrylic nails or have nail decoration.
Hair Styles should be practical, clean and suitable for a working environment. In this academy, hairstyles representing various cults e.g. punk, mohican, hair shaved in bands, stripes, initials or dyed in unnatural colours are unacceptable. Eyebrows shaved in stripes are also unacceptable.
- Plain black or navy head scarf as appropriate, no jewellery within the head scarf
- School bag as appropriate to carry all equipment needed for the day
Students should not bring large sums of money or any valuable items into the Academy. If there is no alternative they should hand them to a member of staff for safe keeping.